Today I wanted again to post about meeting and finding my first coder but something just came up. Something really exciting for Fuelmyblog and I would love some feedback.
We have been approached and have now accepted a sponsored weekly blog competition, the company (can’t reveal today, sorry) provide books, we have never worked with them before and have over the past few weeks established a really good relationship with them. My idea is below, please do leave comments on whether you see it working or not, I’d appreciate ideas as we plan to go live on the 7th Feb 08. I have listed each part as a bullet point to make it easier!
- We shall, every Thursday, host a new random macro (very very close up photo) image. We will be asking the bloggers what they think it is.
- We will give one blog in fuelmyblog a clue to display
- After a couple of hours, we’ll link on the fuel blog to the one with the clue.
- The sponsor will answer questions to the clue through vote comments only.
- After a couple of hours, the sponsor should have a lot of votes and be easy to find on the fuel front page!
- Answers should be left via a comment on the fuelmyblog blog or via a vote for fuel (keeping the answers secret)
- The people that guess this correctly will have their names put into a “hat” and we’ll host a live draw via an online video host on the Friday.
- The winner gets either their blog printed as a book or a choice from the sponsors website.
- Should the winner get to host the image next week?
- Should the blogs taking part host the photo too, to get more help from their readers?
- Should we make answers only via a fuel comment vote, ensuring just one entry per user?
- Is it all too confusing so far?!
If the above makes sense, great! We have 25 weeks of competition lined up so it should be great fun and bloggers can win more than once.
If it makes no sense, please voice your opinion below 🙂